Friday, October 17, 2008

Carpe diem


The most frequent translation for Carpe diem comes from the Latin poem Odes written by Horace, a Roman lyric and poet. Although my interpretation is slightly different then his, "Seize the day, put no trust in the morrow."  I view it as, opportunities abound.  It is up to us to see and be intune, aware of them; and then, have the courage to act upon them, to be expedient in doing so.  Trust yourself and the future, completely.  Invest in it, in others and yourself.  Make a positive difference.  On this day, I shout, "Seize the day!"  In doing so, we shall have a way good day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Having possibilities in front of your is the greatest freedom. It's so very exciting when hard work pays off and the opportunity comes along to seize the moment!! I love you!

KipKGolfmeister said...

What a great subject "carpe diem". You make a great point. I hope your day is way good!!